I have a deep muscle bruise in my calf. what is the best treatment to relieve pain and stiffness?

Dr. Robert Levine
Dermatology 20 years experience
Muscle bruise Rx: Heat and gentle stretching exercises. When you are pain free, you can start strengthening and slowly return to you normal sports activities. Also otc ibuprophen or Naproxen - assuing you can safely take nsaids.
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 21 years experience
And ...: Tho' your bruise has healed by now, next time you have physical trauma like that try some arnica. It is a homeopathic remedy that works quite well for injured or overworked muscles. It can be taken orally and also in a cream or ointment rubbed over injured areas several times a day. There are no contraindications or known drug interactions.