A member asked:

I went into anaphylaxis shock three weeks ago every time i try to eat i break of in hives how long does this last ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Allergy and Immunology 44 years experience
Anaphylaxis: After an episode of anaphylaxis, you definitely must see an allergy specialist. You sound as if you may have a food allergy, in which case you will continue having reactions as long as you continue to eat the food causing problems . Usually it is only one main food, or a couple, that are to blame. If you had anaphylaxis once, you can have it again! get an Epipen (epinephrine) and see an allergist soon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 21, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.