Is there a way to detox the whole body naturally ?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. William Lizarraga answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Yes, there is a way to detox the body...And our own cells do a very good job of this every second! the key to getting healthy is not taking a bunch of vitamins or some fad drink; it is getting regular physical activity, plenty of sleep, eating a well-balanced diet, and having a rewarding work-life balance. Focus on these things rather than detoxing and you'll go far!

Answered Jun 14, 2015

5.6k views

Dr. Lonna Larsh answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

The liver and kidneys are constantly metabolizing the many toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis. Any good detox program will focus on optimizing the function of these organs. Eat clean food and drink clean water - no pesticides or unnecessary chemicals. Eat a lot of vegetables (on the order of 10 servings a day. It's important to poop normally, but colon cleansing is not really detoxing.

Answered Jun 28, 2020

5.6k views