Irvine, CA

i often need to blink my eyes very hard. what causes this?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dryness: I am not sure what you mean by blinking hard. Is it more often than normally or is it that you need to suck your eyelids in when blinking? Is there is any reason you blink hard or is it something you've been doing for no reason and it's annoying. Some people's eyes are so dry that they end up blinking more to alleviate it. Is it your case? Or do you have any troubles with eyelid lashes?
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Dry eye: Hard blinking stimulates expression of the oil glands of the lids. This adds to oil to the tear film which eliminates dry eye symptoms.