Palestine, TX

I'm a 35 yr old female i have high blood pressure my doctor says its from my adrenal gland not shutting down how serious is this?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 29 years experience
Serious enough.: This is fairly important to deal with. If it is from your adrenal gland, you might need endocrine tests/see endocrinologist to ascertain the cause. It might be due to a pituitary hormone/chemical causing the adrenal to overproduce whatever hormone causing your high bp. See your doctor to discuss it more and try to get to an endocrinologist to find out.
Dr. Gurmeet Sran
Hypertension: The cause of your high blood pressure can be due to a few hormonal/chemical imbalances that would warrant further discussion with your doctor to better understand what may be the cause. This may necessitate medical or surgical therapy depending on the cause.
Last updated Mar 17, 2017