will dialysis affect my employment?

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis
Possibly: If you are on hemodialysis, then you will have to be at an in center facility three times a week for 3 to 4 hours per session. This form of dilaysis makes it very difficult to maintain a full time job however if you choose to perform peritoneal or home hemodialysis, they you have a better shot of maintaining a full time position.
Dr. Jerry Light
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
It doesn't have to: Many people on dialysis are gainfully employed. The important thing is that your employer is understanding and flexible enough with your schedule to allow you to get dialysis when you are scheduled for it and work your job schedule around the treatments.