can you get rid of chronic hepatitis b?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 36 years experience
No: You generally don't get rid of chronic hepatitis b, but you can keep it permanently suppressed with medications.

How can I prevent my toddler from getting the swine flu?

Which type ?: This label has been associated with both the H1N1 of 2009 and 2013-14 and another strain, H1 N5 (I think) in 2013. The H1N1 was in the vaccine for 2013-14. Vaccination or total exclusion from community contact are the primary preventive measures. Use of Tamiflu (oseltamivir) after exposure may also prevent it.

Is hepatitis C contagious upon contact?

Pathology 49 years experience
Blood borne: Hep c is usually transmitted through blood and body fluid exchange, including sex. It is not transmitted through casual contact like shaking hands.

What causes nicks in my fetal artery dopplers, and how can I prevent them?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
Not clear question..: If you are referring to umbilical artery abnormal doppler velocimetry, this is a specialized test for growth restricted fetuses and there is not much you can do about preventing fetal growth restriction. Avoid exercise and follow your perinatologist's instructions to avoid pregnancy complications. Hope this answers your question - if not, please try to specify what you are concerned about.

Is it possible to get rid of scar? I have bad scar after stitches on my foot. It looks awful. Please help me.

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
You can: Try conservative treatment consisting of silicone sheeting, topical Mederma application, injections m or consider scar revision...

Docs, wanted to know if I can get rid of hepatitis b chronic?

Dr. Claudette Anderson
Specializes in Gynecology
Carrier state: The fact that you have Hepatitis B chronic state means you have a chronic infection of your liver that may not resolve. It is viral which means there is no medicine like an antibiotic to clear it .We have to depend on our immune system or immune enhancers to clear it.