I give birth five month ago and my period was supost to be the 8th is the 16tn and no period yet.i took a home pregnancy test and was negative?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Hormone imbalance: Your statement suggests that you have had a period since delivery. You may still be adjusting hormonally. If pregnant it may be a little early. Repeat the test in a week. Try not to worry as the stress and anxiety delay starting. If still negative then call your OB for advice.
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. F: You may get a blood test for HCG level as it is more sensitive and you can see change in levels on repeating the test in 2-3 days. If you do not wish to get pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020