can a 15-year-old boy get breast cancer?

Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 34 years experience
No.: Breast cancer is very rare in men, occuring in less than 1:100, 000. This tends to occur at an older age in men as compared to women. I am unaware of breast cancer ever reported in a teenage male.
Dr. Camil Sader
General Surgery 23 years experience
Highly Unlikely: While the answer is yes, the odds are extremely low and the literature demonstrates very few cases. Regardless, any new lump you feel must be worked up by your pediatrician.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgical Oncology 17 years experience
Very very rare: It would be exceedingly rare.
Dr. Herbert Hoover
General Practice 51 years experience
Very rare events do happen so any breast lump requires evaluation.
Apr 6, 2013
Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology 22 years experience
Puberty related: Far more common cause of breast lump in a 15 to make is glands enlarged as a result of puberty. They can be sore or just enlarged but they are related likely to development of male related changes during puberty. Not sure how many cases ever have been reported of make breast cancer in someone that age but it would be very very rare.
Pathology 44 years experience
Gynecomastia: Junior needs to be evaluated by a physician. Most often this is gynecomastia, and junior deserves the option of having the lump removed -- being a 15 year old boy is difficult enough without growing beast buds, which is no fault of his. And all breast masses need to be seen also because of the (here, remote) possibility of cancer.