Egypt

iron deficiency for babies what is its effect?

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
See below:: Iron is necessary to make red blood cells, as well as for normal growth and development. Iron deficiency in infancy may be associated with developmental delays or behavioral problems.A full-term infant born from a healthy mother will have enough iron to support growth and development until four to six months of age. After that, iron needs to be absorbed through the diet.
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice 36 years experience
Anemia: Iron deficiency is a concern because Iron deficiency can delay normal infant motor function (normal activity and movement) or mental function (normal thinking and processing skills)