how can i keep my knees healthy?

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Luanswered
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Quad exercises: By always keeping your quad muscles in good condition. Many overuse knee injuries result directly in quad inhibition and weakness. You can improve the situation by strengthening the quad muscles. Exercises like straight leg raises, stationary bicycle, and slow stair-walking will not harm the knee and can relieve symptoms.
Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Exercise: Weight bearing exercise such as walking, cycling or swimming and weight loss are the best methods of keeping joints health.
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Healthy joints: Avoid activities that produce pain while your doing an activity, keep your weight down, keep yourself in good cardiovascular shape and good muscle tone. Minimize activities that involve high impact forces like ,lots of running ,jumping ,pivoting, squatting ,kneeling ,crawling ,crouching. Stop an activity if you experience pain or swelling,