What can help me quit tobacco?

Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry 47 years experience
Escape from smoking: I believe the most important thing to quit smoking is stay away from other smokers. If a close relative smokes, ask them not to smoke around you. Jobs may always have smoking around you. Avoid it as much as you can. More people don't smoke and if you try to light up around them, they will be quick to get you to stop. Having a pocketful of cigarettes and bumming off someone is a social ploy. Don't.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry 47 years experience
Effect of smoking: The effect is more the destruction of the alveolus or the oxygen exchange apparatus so gases can become liquid and you can't breathe properly. Heat from hot smoke, caustic drugs in cigarette all lead to the destruction of the lungs. The point i make is, if smoking causes severe gum and bone loss around the teeth, the hardest structures in the body, when it goes to one of the most vulnerable, yikes.
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Quitting tobacco: A combination of four things. You must truely desire to quit. Your doctor should encourage it. A nicotine relacement treatment or Chantix and behavioral modification of hyppnotherapy . This combination is better than any thing alone.