U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What can i do help my daughter who has a fused labia?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Aamir Siddiqi
Family Medicine 33 years experience
See Peds Gyn: You will need to see a pediatric gynecologist for surgical options. This should be very treatable.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Most handled simply : Your regular pediatrician of fp may have experience in dealing with common labial fusion. This process, similar to when pages of a book stick together, the labia minora can do the same & be a bit difficult to separate. Sometimes this can be teased open in the office or application of an estrogen cream for a period will loosen the bond.I've never seen one fail to respond to simple methods.
Last updated Sep 23, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.