A 63-year-old female asked:

I have gotten raw areas in my groin and undwr both arms. what can i use to heal this?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 48 years experience
?fungal infection: You may have a fungal infection or some sort of dermatitis. Please see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 27 years experience
While a fungal infection is certainly possible I would also consider hidradenitis. A dermatologist really should evaluate this.
Aug 12, 2012
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.