How long will it take for my symptoms of anemia (headache and dizziness) to go away? my anemia was caused by blood loss from a miscarriage and surger

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
90 days +: It takes 90 days for the body to manufacture one mature red blood cell from the bone marrow and get it into circulation. If your blood loss was very severe, it may take longer and oral daily iron supplementation is essential.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Hemoglobin: When your hemoglobin level reaches higher than 8 gm/dL the symptoms from anemia will go away. I trust that you are taking iron and multivitamin supplements to help your body make hemoglobin, in case you are iron deficient.
Last updated Apr 15, 2019