Terre Haute, IN

I have the mirena (levonorgestrel) for about 2 years now and i have a period every month my last period was 2 weeks ago and still having bad menstrual cramps is this normal? could i possibly be pregnant?

Dr. Peter Baumann
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dislodged IUD: Menstrual periods are typically lighter and shorter, while on the Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD. If that is not the case, and in conjunction with severe cramps, the possibility of a dislodged IUD has to be considered. A transvaginal ultrasound may be helpful. A urine pregnancy test should be done, too.