does my doctor need to write down if i have nipple piercings and tattooes? can i tell her not to?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Yes: Your doctor needs to write all observations and data when seeing you. It helps in the diagnosis, risk factor stratification, and looking back at history. Don't worry though. No one besides you and your doctor is permitted to see the notes except those with legitimate need - consulting doctors, nurses, insurance, and government officials by court order.
Answered on Oct 26, 2018
24 years experience Psychiatry
Piercings/ tattoos: I think it is appropriate to document any things which might affect your health. If you felt alright getting tattoos and piercings what is the problem with having it documented?
Answered on Oct 26, 2018