U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

How can i tell if i have delayed puberty or klinefelter syndrome?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Karyotype: A simple chromosomal test called a karyotype can rule out klienfelter syndrom.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
29 years experience
Genetics: Klinefelter's syndrome is a genetic disorder unique to males. Those with it have at least 1 extra x chromosome. Boys are usually tall and may have learning problems, sometimes behavior problems. Puberty often starts normally but testicular failure often necessitates a need for testosterone supplementation. If you're concerned about puberty please discuss with your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 34-year-old member asked:
How to tell if I have klinefelter's syndrome.?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
Please tell me what causes klinefelter's syndrome?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 23-year-old male asked:
Why in thalssemia major child will develop stunted growth and delayed in puberty?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
Is it possible to increase height in case of delayed puberty?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old male asked:
Does delayed puberty affect the growth of the spine/torso?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 8, 2012
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.