i have no feeling in my hands what could it be?

Dr. Yale Kanter
Ophthalmology 61 years experience
Hand feeling deficit: You may have a vascular or neurological deficit. Suggest you see a neurologist first.

Why when I wake up, my hands have no feeling. I can't move them for about 30 minutes. Could this be something serious?

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Yes: It could be carpal tunnel syndrome or other nerve compression problem in addition to early arthrtitis with the morning stiffness. I think a visit to your doc would be very benificial.

What cream or lotion that will stop my hands from feeling really dry without that greasy feeling?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Cerave: Cerave, neutrogena norwegian hand creme are non - greasy hand creams that could be useful. You must also avoid irritating chemicals by wearing gloves during wet work. Allergy patch testing may reveal chemicals that you should avoid. This test is done by a dermatologist in 2office visits 2-3 days apart.

I have a tingly numbing feeling in both hands what could that mean ?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice 31 years experience
Carpal tun. syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) causes numbness, tingling in the hands (usually thumb, index, middle fingers). It is caused by a pinched nerve in the wrist (the carpus). Cts is usually an overuse injury of the hands but can be caused by hypothyroidism or pregancy. A nerve study can help make the diagnosis. The best initial treatment is (are) wrist splints (especially at night) hope you are better!
Cleveland, OH

Weird feeling in my hands. Everything has a new feeling to it. It happens rarely and it's like everything feels smaller in my hands.?

Doctor can evaluate: That's an odd-sounding symptom. One can see his primary care doctor, who may refer to a neurologist, to see what all the details are, and to look for a cause. One should write down the symptoms on a calendar, including when they happen, how long they last, what activities were done, what foods/drinks eaten, any meds/drugs used, etc...

What's wrong if your losing feeling in your hands?

Dr. Jedediah Jones
Hand Surgery 22 years experience
Nerve Compression: Loss of feeling in the hands is usually caused by a compressed nerve in the arm/hand/wrist. These are known as compressive neuropathies. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common one. Key questions to ask are the following: what part of the hand is going numb? When does it occur? Do you have weakness?