my 60 y dad had coronary stent placement in lad artery for incidental finding of coronary block(80%)at 53 yr of age .am i at risk for cad in future ?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia ii, do, ms
21 years experience Geriatrics
Yes: You should try to eat healthy and maintain a proper weight. Have regular check-up from your family doctor who will monitor for other risk factors.
Answered on Oct 16, 2020
4
Dr. Brian Mott
29 years experience Thoracic Surgery
Yes: One of the risk factors for atherosclerosis is heredity. The others are hypertension, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and hyperlipidemia.
Answered on Jun 30, 2013
5
Dr. Francis Uricchio
38 years experience Cardiology
Yes.: The five major risk factors for coronary artery disease are hypertension, elevated cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, and family history. You have a positive family history. Therefore, unless you are adopted, your risk of coronary artery disease is higher.
Answered on Apr 23, 2016
2
2 comments
4
Dr. William Jenkins
Specializes in Anesthesiology
Add a comment...
Apr 12, 2014
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
56 years experience Infectious Disease
There is a significant number of children whose DNA casts doubt on the identity of the father, in addition to the adoptions mentioned.
Jan 25, 2014