is the pill causing my irregular bleeding?

Dr. Henry Garcia
Side effect of pill: Irregular bleeding, especially during the first three months after starting the pill, is very common. If irregular bleeding continues after three months, you may need to change to a different pill. Further gyn evaluation needs to occur if irregular bleeding still continues after changing the pill.
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Is this new?: If you have been on the pill for a long time and your irregular bleeding is new, you need to see your gyn to evaluate the cause of the change. It could just be age and changes in hormones, but you need to make sure there is no pathology.