if my mom had breast cancer, does that mean i will have breast cancer?

Dr. Adam Newman
No: Your mom's cancer is very important for your risk assessment. But jut because she had it does not mean you do. You need to be checked and taught to perform self breast exams and talk to your obgyn about when to start screening mammograms. Good luck.
Dr. Richard Orr
Surgical Oncology 44 years experience
No: But your risk is increased, especially if she had it when she was young, had it in both breasts, or if you have a family history of ovarian, colon, or uterine cancer. You might see a specialist who counsels women at higher risk - typically a breast surgeon, genetic counselor, or medical oncologist.