what would happen if a person with a mild bicuspid aortic valve did cocaine?

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Cocaine: More strain on heart and cardiovascular system in general.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and am measuring 38cm when they did the fundo-symphysis measurement. Why do I have to have a scan?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Size > Dates: When the uterus is measuring larger or smaller than expected on an exam the next step is an ultrasound. The ultrasound can measure the size of the baby to confirm normal growth. It also measures the level of the amniotic fluid to make sure it is not too high (polyhydramnios) or too low (oligohydramnios.).

Did a heavy birth weight mean that I ate too much during my previous pregnancy?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Not completely: What the mother eats and her activity level do play a part in determining the weight of the baby. However, genetics play a part too. Some people make big babies, some people make small babies. Most of it is out of our control. I do stress eating very healthy and exercising everyday.

Why do I have acne if parents did not have acne?

Dr. Moises Perez
Pharmacology 18 years experience
That's nature : Many factors, age, diet, stress, environment, etc. In addition, genetically speaking, although similar, you are not identical to your parents dna. In addition your age by itself, and higher levels of hormones may also have an effect on acne.

What is this hard painful lump on the ball of my foot? It looks like a verruca but the treatment did not wrk :(

Dr. Ellen Turner
Dermatology 20 years experience
Wart.: I often tell my patients who have palmar or plantar warts that they may need several treatments for these resistant warts on the skin of these areas. This is thicker skin, and therefore more resistant to treatment. I usually freeze it or laser it several times in conjunction with topical therapy.

I have a question about infertility? Why did they always call women barren when the men might have been at fault

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine 26 years experience
Lack of knowledge ..: Probably it was a combination of ignorance of basic biology (there was no way of testing sperm or even knowing that there could be sperm problems almost half the time) plus a patriarchal society ...

Last updated Jul 22, 2017