how long after ingestion of parasites does it usually take for someone to show symptoms of toxocariasis?

Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Infectious Disease 21 years experience
Difficult to say: The best evidence comes from measuring larvae in the organs (liver, brain, eye) of mice after feeding them toxocara eggs. The liver may be infected as soon as 7 days after ingestion. The brain takes longer & the eyes are the last to be infected. Infection is more likely with frequent ingestion of large amounts of eggs. Many people never get infection after ingestion.Some may become ill years later.
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park commented
Exact incubation period is unknown and variable.
Nov 1, 2018
Dr. Donald Colantino
Toxocariasis: According to my reading symptoms begin 4-16 days after swallowing the eggs of this roundworm and last up to 3 weeks. The worms can't reproduce inside your body. Many people get no symptoms.