how do i know when i'm going into labor?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
Contractions every 5: Regular and painful contractions every 5 minutes for at least 30 minutes should prompt you to go to your maternity hospital!

How long after I lose my plug will I go into labor?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Depends : Losing your mucous plug can be a good sign that your cervix is softening up and maybe even starting to dilate. It does not mean that you are going into labor. No need to pack the bag yet.
TX

How do I know im going into labor?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
You'll know: The saying "if you have to ask, then you're not in active labor" is pretty accurate. For first time moms there is nothing to compare the experience to so it can seem confusing. True active labor involves intense contractions that consistently come every 3 to 5 minutes. You can't walk or talk through them.

Signs of going into labor include low afi?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Sometimes.: Low afi is seen as pregnancies approach their due date and correlates strongly with the onset of true labor.
Sweden

Iam 42weeks and no sign of labour what can I expect?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See your doctor: At 42 weeks, you should be induced. Call your doctor and insist on being indused as soon as possible.
Columbus, OH

I've been sent home twice over false labor, how can I tell its the real thing?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Trial and error.: There is no such thing as false labor - it is early labor. If you want to avoid a c-section, your best bet is to patiently await the onset of active labor (more painful contractions that come every 5-10 minutes for at least 30-60 minutes) at home, if your pregnancy is low-risk and your obstetrician recommends it. Trial and error trips to your maternity center, and time, will tell when labor is tru.