can i take two naproxen?

Dr. Mark Cantieri
Pain Management 40 years experience
Depends: It depends upon the strength. The over the counter strength is 220 mg and the maximum dose of this is 2 tabs twice a day.

Is it possible for me to take 2 Aleve (naproxen) at once?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Yes: That is an acceptable dose. Try to always take aleve (naproxen) with food to reduce the risk of GI effects.

Is it possible for you to take 2 Aleve (naproxen) and goodys?

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Rheumatology 37 years experience
No: Goodys powder contains Aspirin and acetominophen ( tylenol). Aspirin and aleve should not be mixed. You should also not mix ibuprophen containing medications with either goody's powder, aspirin, or naproxen.

Could you take two Aleve (naproxen) if one is not strong enough?

Dr. Axel Martinez-Irizarry
With doctor order.: 2 aleve (naproxen) are the equivalent of 440mg of Naproxen sodium. Prescription strength Naproxen is 500mg. So it is possible to use under the prescription or recommendation of your physician.
PA

I took 2 220 mg aleve (naproxen) around 6 yesterday evening. Would it be safe to take another one now?

Dr. Mohamed Aboyoussef
Rheumatology 26 years experience
Safe: It's ok to take up to 2 Aleves (naproxen) every 12 hours for few days provided that you have normal liver, and kidneys functions. Best regards.
SC

Aleve (naproxen) directions say you may take 2 pills IF taken within 1st hour of the 1st one...how strange. What happens if I take 2nd pill 4 hrs after 1st?

Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
Safety precautions: I imagine they don't want you to get confused and exceed the maximum daily dosage. See Dr Hermansen's answer too.