what should i do about severe facial acne breakouts?

Dr. Jane Chung
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
See doctor: Severe facial acne breakout can affect your body and soul. See the doctor before it leave a permanent scarring on your face and heart.

What can I use for bad facial acne?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Benzoyl peroxide: Benzoyl peroxide is over the counter and in recent studies for some people can work by itself. Give it some time before giving up on it but if your acne is really bad you will probably need to see the dr for a prescription for retinoids as they work best together and would be the next step.

What can be done to stop getting facial acne?

Pathology 44 years experience
Chronic disease: You can't stop getting acne until it remits on your own. You and your physician should be partners in managing it. And it can be managed fairly easily and cheaply. Best wishes.

Am i likely to get facial acne when my sexual partner has it?

Pathology 44 years experience
No: It's not catching. The bacteria that are part of the cause are ubiquitous. If your special person wishes, he/she can be treated effectively. If topical benzoyl peroxide has not worked after two weeks, a physician can give prescription-strength medication.

How do I remain confident if I have severe facial acne?

Pathology 44 years experience
Do what you have to: All the talk about "feeling good about yourself" is not helpful when you have a serious, obvious, chronic disease that's not being treated as it should be. Phone your physician now; all acne can be managed until it self-cures. If a parent's superstition is preventing you from getting treated, make the phone call anyway -- to be brave / confident, act brave. Take charge and good luck.

What can cause facial acne?

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Facial Acne: Are you just trying to learn about Acne at 49? thats great. Here is a link below to start your education on Acne https://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/diseases-and-treatments/a---d/acne

Last updated Sep 3, 2015