U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

What can i do to mitigate terrible facial scarring?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jane Chung
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Active FX: There are many options for facial scar. Co2 laser resurfacing like active fx, fraxel, skin graft, stem cell graft, or dermabrasion.
Dr. Stephen Weber
Facial Plastic Surgery 26 years experience
Many options: Facial scarring can be treated with steroid injections to reduce the bulk of the scar tissue, lasers to reduce redness or help blend the scar, dermabrasion to smooth the scar, or revision to replace the scar with a finer surgical scar. Lastly you can have tattooing performed to camouflage the scar. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon.

Related questions

A 23-year-old male asked:
How can I remove scars from my face.
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked:
What can be applied on face to fade scars?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Would raw potatoes help with facial scars?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
I have these facial scars from spots - help?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
Does sunken facial scars disappear over time?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.