I've gone thru 2 rounds of lamisil (terbinafine) orally 250mg to cure fingernail fungus in 3 of my fingernails. it got better. now it came back worse. what to do?

Dr. Lorry Melnick
Podiatry 45 years experience
Laser or Lamisil (terbinafine): There is a 20% reocurrance rate with lamisil (terbinafine). You can take it again for 3 months or you could try laser treatment for nail fungus.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Define rounds: Some doctors prescribe Lamisil (terbinafine) for 90 days straight, others pulse dose the medicine i.E you take it one day for a week and then stop for 3 months and repeat 2 more times. When you say rounds was that 2 full treatments or 2/3rds of a treament? That would make a difference. Keep in mind it doesn;t always work and fungus can be recalcitrant and come back.

Last updated Jul 26, 2020