U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

Anyone treated primary ciliary dyskinesia (pcd)?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Lokesh Guglani
Pediatric Pulmonology 22 years experience
Pulmonologists do: Pcd is diagnosed in both children & adults & they should be followed by a pediatric or adult pulmonologist who can help monitor their lung function & provide specific therapies to prevent lung damage in the long term. Most tertiary care centers would have either an adult or pediatric pulmonologist who has expertise in the management of patients with pcd. Talk to your doctor & see a lung specialist.

Similar questions

A 42-year-old member asked:

Anyone have tips for dealing with primary ciliary dyskinesia (pcd)?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Fink
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Get vaccinated: Vaccines protect against many major illnesses and are an important aspect of care for someone with pcd. The annual influenza vaccine is especially important. Pcd requires daily care to prevent lung infections and damage; i would strongly suggest that anyone with this condition be seen regularly by a pulmonologist for treatment and counseling.
Last updated Mar 26, 2013

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.