TX

can breastfeeding moms smoke synthetic marijuana?

Dr. Nancy Mellow
No!: If you want to breastfeed, you need to stay off all drugs and medications, unless approved by the pediatrician. Almost everything that you take into your body appears, to some degree, in your breast milk.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
No! Not safe!: Any drug you smoke or otherwise ingest, will end up in your breast milk and also your baby. Synthetic marijuana ("spice") contains mixtures of undefined plant material that produces psychoactive effects that are similar to, or stronger than, marijuana. Not safe for you, and definitely not for a baby with growing brain. http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/spice-synthetic-marijuana.
Dr. Shalabh Bansal
NO: Synthetic marijuana ("spice") has been made illegal in many states - smoking it results in significant lung injury and even death. I you are not only endangering yourself - but your unborn child as well.