Australia

had20mm kidney stone removed on june1 & anther to remove stent & couple more smaller bits from original stone.still got pain inlower back. is this ok?

Dr. Steven Saunders
Back pain: May be continued stone pain or another cause of back pain. Discuss with your doctor.
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Urology 27 years experience
with such a large stone, there may residual stone fragments left in the ureter and may require repeat surgery for lithotripsy.
Aug 25, 2012
Dr. James Krick
Urology 36 years experience
Large stone: A 20 mm kidney stone is a very large stone. Depending on how was treated, fragments may persist.
Dr. Zafar Khan
Dr. Zafar Khan commented
Urology 58 years experience
the aim is to completely remove ALL fragments of stone. any residual fragment an grow back and cause persistent symptoms.sometime it takes more than one procedure to completely clean the kidney
Feb 2, 2014