what cures colon cancer

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Early detection!: The best thing that improves the chances of curing colon cancer is early detection. So preventive health care and screening are key. All adults should have a colonoscopy at age 50 to look for cancers or early cancers, usually as polyps. If you have a strong family history or certain conditions it is recommended you get earlier screening.Once detected, colon ca usually is cured by surgery, or drugs.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
Surgery: If localized to colon or rectum, surgery cures, and in a limited number of cases with isolated liver metastases. Chemo and radiotherapy may have some supporting role, but only surgery cures.