do babies in utero who are mentally handicap or brain damaged, still kick and move like a healthy baby?

No way to tell: In the early 80's nelson et al.Published an interesting analysis from the national collaborative perinatal project (50 k births) that found that the majority of kids with a CP DX at 7 yrs had been born after a normal p/l/d with normal apgar scores. This points out how hard it is to be sure what goes on during pregnancy. The best you can do is keep healthy and avoid risks when you can.