After pills abortion its been an year my doctor asking me to go for an ultrasound as womb is not aborted completely is this possible?cramps are left

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Scott Roseff answered

Specializes in Fertility Medicine

Yes: It is possible to have some retained tissue in the uterus after a medical termination of pregnancy. A saline infusion sonogram, hsg, or hysteroscopy can help determine if this happened.

Answered 2/8/2021

5.8k views

Dr. John Park answered

Specializes in Fertility Medicine

Yes, it is possible: After any miscarriage or abortion, it is possible to have some pregnancy tissue retained within the uterus. Many times it will not be noticeable to the patient. "retained products of conception" may be discovered by saline ultrasound or hysterosalpingogram. This may require additional surgery, such as a d & c or hysteroscopy, where a small camera is inserted into the uterus.

Answered 7/29/2017

5.8k views