is auto immune deficiency treatable?

Dr. David Rosenthal
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
Controllable: The symptoms of auto-immune disease is controllable. See a rheumatologist for specific diagnoses and treatments.
Dr. Javier Chinen
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 30 years experience
Clear definition: Immune deficiency means that there is a defect in the immune system, and the person is more susceptible to have infectious diseases and cancer. There are ways to help be free of infections. Autoimmunity is a disorder in which the immune system attacks one or more of our own organs, due to a defect of regulation/tolerance. Treatment is with medications to suppress the immune responses.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 17 years experience
Absolutely: 1st: are you talking about an immune deficiency or an autoimmune disease? Both can be treated but they require different specialists so you need to know your diagnosis before you decide whom to see.