Is it ok to get iv fluids during first tri pregnancy? im suffering from migraine, pain making me vomit and dehydration making my migraine worse. ok iv

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Yes, with caution: Ordinary IV fluids, such as normal saline, are often used in pregnancy when patients become dehydrated. Make sure that your health care providers know you're pregnant, though, so they don't give you anything with the fluid that can cause problems.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 27 years experience
Yes: Yes it is ok, and good for you. Far better for both you and the baby if you are hydrated.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016