acupuncture for quick facial rejuvenation?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Warren Kriedman
47 years experience Psychiatry
Not sure it does: Acupuncture is mainly used for chronic or acute pain. Like many types of treatments, there are those who exaggerate what it can do.
Answered on Jan 24, 2015
3
Dr. Anifat Balogun
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Facial rejuvenation: There is no clinical evidence that supports the use of acupuncture to achieve quick or sustained facial rejuvenation. The relaxation effect of acupuncture can be very beneficial for decreasing the frowns and wrinkles that are evident from facial muscle tension.
Answered on Aug 12, 2012
25 years experience Psychiatry
It is done.: Although I have not done any cosmetic procedures for my acupuncture patients - there are some practices that perform mainly procedures for this purpose. I do not have personal knowledge of the results - but my guess is that clients wouldn't keep returnging if it wasn't beneficial.
Answered on Jan 14, 2013