I accidentaly got kneed in the mouth and bit my inner lip real hard. what is the best method to heal/disenfect the wound?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Salt water rinses.: For the most part, the tissue inside the mouth is pretty resilient. I would just do intermittent salt water rinses if it's a minor abrasion. If there's significant bleeding or laceration, please see your doc!
Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
B2: Just rinsing is enough for cleaning. Orally take riboflavin -b2 vitamin twice daily and methionine 500mg twice daily for a week.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Natural Healing: The good news is that area has fantastic blood supply and so healing will occur rapidly. Inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling) is the body increasing the blood flow to the injury to bring healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. Dressings and ointments are of no value there. Avoid further trauma to the area and let nature take it's course.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
And next time wear a mouth guard if you're playing a contact sport
Feb 2, 2014

Last updated Sep 28, 2016