U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What kind of medicine is best for a man with chronic prostatitis?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Steven Tucker
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Tough problem: Initial therapy is long term antibiotics (1 month). If still no success one can consider medicine to shrink the prostate (finasteride/dutasteride) or herbal programs w saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol. Anti-inflammatories may help too.
Last updated Mar 31, 2016

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.