U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

What are the symptoms of arteriovenous malformations?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Indes
Vascular Surgery 22 years experience
Swelling: Usually swelling of the involved limb due to venous engorgement. Can also have limb deformity and length descrepency. Varicose veins can also be present. Best diagnostic test is MRI of effected area.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

What can you do if you have an arteriovenous malformations?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Neurology 25 years experience
Treatment: Depending on the size and location, treatment cold be from nothing to resection, emboli satin, gamma knife radiation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 41-year-old member asked:
What kind of doctor sees somebody for arteriovenous malformations?
3 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old member asked:
How are arteriovenous malformations and other vascular lesions detected?
2 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Is it bad luck or bad genes that made me develop arteriovenous malformations?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old member asked:
Where do neurological arteriovenous malformations tend to form?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
What sort of problem is an arteriovenous malformation?
4 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 10, 2014

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.