U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old female asked:

I'm b12 deficiency.getting injections i can't absorb vitamin b12.what else can i do or buy myself to help. please there must be other things i can do.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Coordinate what you: do w/your doc. You can take sublingual B12 tablets. They melt under the tongue and go into your bloodstream and bypass your gut. Your body will absorb more B12 this way than by swallowing capsules. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.