How can i get a tmj surgery paid for by medical insurance?

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Getting the coverage: Medical insurance some thing simple ' you pay for it you get it' and is no mystery to solve.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Work with surgeon: Your insurance company may require your TMJ surgeon to get preauthorization for surgery and provide documents regarding your condition. Authorization does not mean 100% of all the costs associated with your surgery will be paid. Check your plan, call your insurance company.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 46 years experience
TMJSurgery Insurance: Most med insurance covers TMJ surgery. Check your eob (explanastion of benefits). Most require a pre-authorization including diagnosis, pertinent x-rays, and proof of failure of non-surgical treatment. If due to a motor vehicle injury, the auto insurance may cover the treatment.