Pittsburgh, PA

Hello! i am 34 years old and have a tingling sensation to the left side of my breast that can be felt in my upper back. at times, i can feel a dull/achy pain under my breast that comes and goes. i've had this for about a month. 2 weeks ago, i went to the

Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 23 years experience
Back, neck or breast: Tingling sensations come from nerves that are injured or being compressed anywhere along the nerve. The nerves in the left side of your breast come from your spine in the mid-back (T2-T4). So anything happening along that pathway can cause tingling. This ranges from a tight underwire bra to a tumor to a disc problem in your spine to the chickenpox virus that causes shingles. Persist! See a doc!
Dr. Donald Colantino
Nerve pain: This symptom may be due to an irritable or pinched nerve emanating from the spine and wrapping around the rib cage so that the discomfort is also felt around or under the breast. Avoid all stess on your upper back or your rib cage. If your symptoms persist and there is no breast problem, consult your physician or an orthopedic surgeon for evaluation.
Last updated Sep 20, 2017