India

I have ocd for last 2 years. it mainly involves fear of contamination and washing. i really want to give it up as it is making life difficult.

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
OCD is the brain's: attempt to control the uncontrollable--which is pretty much the way it is in life. "The boy who couldn't stop washing" is a old but good book about this. A clinical psychologist who specializes in OCD is a good person to see. Your doc or psychiatrist may also offer an anti-depressant. I understand that you are not depressed but some help OCD. Peace and good health.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Phobia: It is always important to keep in mind that a psychological symptom may be caused by an underlying physical disorder. A physical disorder should be ruled out before undertaking a psychological course of treatment. Psychologically, the cause is unique to the individual and benefits from exploration in psychotherapy with a clinical psychologist.

Last updated May 7, 2017