A member asked:

I have right side buttocks muscle pain that radiates down my right leg how do a treat this?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. John Goldman answered

Specializes in Rheumatology

Piriformis muscle: This could be piriformis muscle syndrome and you can stretch your gluteus muscle by pulling you flexed right knee to the left side of your body. The sacitic nerve is positioned right below the piriformis muscle which could explain the right sciatic symptoms you describe. You can discuss this with your physician and after an evaluation you may be referred to a physical therapist.

Answered 1/16/2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor