how long is imodium (loperamide) okay to use after the expiration date?

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
Not: Best not to use any type of expired medications!

If i'm 20 weeks and the doctor measured my uterus as 22 CM when it should be 20 CM does this mean that my dates are wrong?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
No: Uterine size measurements should be roughly the same as how many weeks you are. They can vary by 2 to 3 centimeters. They can vary because of mother's weight or slightl differences between how different doctors get the measurement. Two centimeters is really not significant.

Does alka-seltzer have the same effect as immodium without the side effects?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
No: Alka seltzer is generally used for heartburn and indigestion. Imodium (loperamide) is generally used for diarrhea.

Is it safe to use out of date herbal supplements?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine 43 years experience
Probably, but: The fda does not require an expiration date on supplements. It probably isn't dangerous to take a supplement past its expiration date, but it may have lost its potency. Whether it's less potent depends on the herb and how you stored the container. Keeping the supplement in a sealed container and putting it in a dark place may help extend its shelf life.

Is it okay for a 22 yr old to date a 17 yr old?

Maybe wait a little: Most 17 yr-olds are at a different emotional and cognitive maturity level than most 22 yr-olds, but a few 17 & 22 yr-olds could match up (that's one issue). Another issue is the legality of the dating. The law sees a 17 yr-old as a child, so a 22 yr-old may want to wait until the 17 yr-old is an adult. Also, at 17, one is finishing high school (much different from being a 22 yr-old college grad).
IN

I have a terrible memory and never finish anythin I start I can remember lil things like dates and what not but not serious things like my own actions?

Dr. Tejas Ozarkar
Dr. Tejas Ozarkaranswered
General Practice 9 years experience
Memory: I would visit your primary care doc to address this issue. Many different things can cause memory problems - medications, dementia, inattention disorders (like add), street drugs, etc. Since the symptoms are so vague, hopefully your doctor can pinpoint the cause of the memory problems.