PK

I had typhoid fever recently about a week ago, doctor told me not to lift heavyweights. after how much time can go to work out in gym. i am fine now?

Dr. Yale Kanter
Ophthalmology 62 years experience
Typhoid fever: If your symptoms have subsided and you feel well it is reasonable to resume your activity, but you should make sure you are not a typhoid carrier. Salmonella Typhi lives only in humans. Persons with typhoid fever carry the bacteria in their bloodstream and intestinal tract. In addition, people, called carriers, recover from typhoid fever but continue to carry the bacteria in their feces.
Last updated Nov 16, 2019