i have ms. i'm on 5 days of solu medrol (methylprednisolone) (out patient) it's my 2nd treatment and i'm having blood in my urine and stools. is the a side effect?

Dr. Gustavo Carbone
18 years experience Rheumatology
Not frequent : Hematuria and GI bleeding are not frequent side effects (SE) from systemic steroids but usually for MS initially the dose is high and other more common SE like infections, mood swings, insomnia, hyperglycemia, etc are seeing. You should seek immediate medical attention and evaluation since it can be related like and infections but it maybe other cause; also GI bleedings can be life threatening.
Answered on Jan 7, 2015
2