TX
A male asked:

I have been holding in my waste since i was in day care.i waite 2 or 3 days and then i go what can happen to me if i continue to do this?

Dr. Cindy Juster
Bad for your insides: This is not good for your intestines or your bladder. Please make sure you're eating a high fiber diet and drinking plenty of water. Also, it's helpful to go to the bathroom every few hours. Make sure that you empty fully each time. If you still have problems with this, please see your Dr.
STRETCH=MALFUNCTION: Hold your poo long enough and the large intestine balloons. The muscles in the wall stretch thin and become less capable of efficient emptying. This can be reversed if a normal pattern is pushed by scheduled emptying.If not, this leads to a lifetime of chronic bowel malfunction.Intermittent constipation and bowel leakage. Similar things happen with the bladder wall, but are less common.